42,085 new products added to their website in a short time frame
Clean, standardized product data sped up the transition to omnichannel
Reached 7 figure sales in year 1 with Vesta in place to maximize efficiencies
Spotless Supply was in their first year of operation and was growing fast. The growing pains associated with onboarding and maintaining their product data led them to seek out tools and automation to sufficiently support their growth.
Spotless Supply needed to extract product data from Essendant, a wholesale distributor of JanSan and Office supplies. This was proving to be a complex process that required technical skill and experience. Vesta has full integration with Essendant, which makes the flow of products from Essendant’s two databases to a website or PIM, an effortless process.
Through Vesta's full integration with Essendant, Spotless Supply was able to,
- Sync selected products from Essendant databases to the Vesta retailer portal, where they are able to manage and enrich the data.
- Sync pricing, inventory, and discontinued updates from Essendant’s ICAPS database to the Vesta retailer portal daily.
Utilizing Vesta's logic-based transformation engine, and integration with Shopify, Spotless Supply was then able to,
- Add a price calculation to Essendant provided price, to reach the selling price
- Sync product, price, and inventory data and updates through to their Shopify site daily.
Spotless Supply added 42,085 new products to their website from the Essendant database, with an API connection delivering constant updates ensuring the products, pricing, and inventory on their site will remain accurate over time.
Spotless Supply was able to use this standardized product catalog, along with the extra time they had freed up from automating their product data operations, to quickly ramp up omnichannel selling to a number of marketplaces and online selling channels. Together this enabled Spotless Supply to rapidly grow to 7 figure sales within their first year of operation.
"I've been very surprised by the amount of time I've had freed up because I don't have to worry about product data. I've been able to shift that time saved to getting onto more sales channels."
- Christopher Hoalt, Spotless Supply