60,000 products collected, cleaned and uploaded
Significant operational efficiencies gained
Working with Vesta delivered a 25x ROI
A07, a seller of motorcycle parts such as gas tanks and more, adopted the Vesta solution to crack their most limiting product data management challenges. A07’s vendor product data is only available for collection directly from their vendor’s website, leading to the arduous process of cutting/pasting from the vendor site to spreadsheets, then uploading to BigCommerce.
A07’s product listings required frequent updating and the method of doing this manually was coming at a cost of over $100k a year in labor support. They sought to add a technology layer in order to streamline operations and accelerate organizational growth.
In addition to eliminating manual inefficiencies, A07’s other objective was to increase sales by adding to their product catalog new parts for different models.
"The vendor data wasn't provided, so we had to cut and paste the data from the vendor website into excel sheets and import them. It takes months, and this year, I promised myself I wasn't going to do it that way again"
- Christos Tulumba, A07
Vesta extracted the vendor product data from the vendor websites using scraping tools and transferred the data into the Vesta portal.
The incoming supplier product data was then cleaned and prepared for eCommerce by undergoing a series of data cleaning transformations, including:
- Categorization - mapping the vendor-provided categories to the A07 categories and subcategories
- Variant Building - creating options, option sets, and parent/child relationships
- Data cleaning and standardization including -
- Creating new attributes - e.g., extract years from product titles, change the format of the years from, e.g., 81-86 to 1981-1986
- Product names - remove the vendor SKU code from the product title
- Supplier Brand names – eg. Change brand name from clarke mfg to Clarke
- Attribute Mapping – eg mapping vendor-provided colors to a standard list of colors to provide a smaller list for better performing on-site filtering and search
- Product descriptions – remove words and add words to create a unique and customized product description
A07 now hosts 60,000 products online, with the product data categorized, structured, and formatted in a way that makes their product range easier to shop, providing a better customer experience. With limitless product growth potential, combined with new operational efficiencies, A07 has yielded 25x ROI from using the Vesta Solution.
"Just one of our suppliers, previously took 2-3 months with 3 people working on it to update every year. With Vesta, none of that is needed. We can expand well beyond our previous limits.”
- Christos Tulumba, A07